I found 2 lemons in my fridge and made lemon chicken!! I love lemons. 🙂
This recipe uses ingredients that are normally in a kitchen. Nothing too fancy. 🙂
1/2 large onion, sliced
Salt & Pepper and or Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning
2 garlic, minced
10 pieces of legs and thighs
8oz of Mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons of oil
Pan of choice: the WOK
Serves: 5 / 2 chicken pieces per person
1. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper (or Everyday seasoning) and marinate the chicken with the juice of one lemon for 30 minutes (or more).
2. Sauté the sliced onion and garlic in the oil until golden brown.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms until it gets slightly darker. You want the mushrooms to be half way cooked. Once finished, pour all the contents from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
4. In the same pan add the chicken with all the lemon marination. Feel free to add a bit more salt and pepper.
5. Leaving the heat on medium, the chicken will start to create juice in the pan and the liquid/marination should start to boil.
6. Rotate the chicken until all of the sides are brown.
7.Lastly, once all the chicken is done, turn off the heat, squeeze half of the fresh lemon juice over the chicken then add the onions and mushrooms back into the pan.
8. Serve with rice or pasta!! (You can also you turn the remaining liquid onto a sauce as is or add a little whipping cream to make it creamy.)
Looking back, this can also be grilled. But I found boiling the chicken in the marinade infuses a lot of the lemon tangy-ness. Once you bite into the chicken, there is an initial hearty flavor then the lemon brings a definite brightness to the chicken.