When using soy sauce, it tends to give a very distinct flavor to any protein. So using it as one of the main components to this grilled chicken, you will soon find yourself adding it to everything!
- 2 garlic, sliced (depending on your taste, you can add more or remove the garlic)
- 9 Chicken legs and thighs
- Pepper or Everyday seasoning
- 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 of a large onion
- A sliver of Ginger (optional)
- Slice the garlic and chop the onion and ginger. Grab your grill pan and sauté the vegetables until the onion gets transparent and the garlic gets brown.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken in a large bowl and add the pepper to taste. Pour the soy sauce on the chicken and it should make the chicken slightly darker.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the grill pan and raise the heat between ‘medium/high.’ Raising the heat will make a brown crust on the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill pan and once the chicken gets brown and crusty on both sides it’s finished!!
- Tips: With large thighs, cutting the chicken in half ensures that it will cook all the way through. Also, heating up the onion, garlic, and ginger, leaves flavor in the pan, and once you add the chicken it will pick up the flavor and infuse into the chicken making it extra tasty! Soy sauce has the tendency to be salty if you add a lot, so you don’t really need to add regular salt to season the chicken.
- Serve over a bed of rice or vegetables and nom nom (eat & enjoy)!! 😀